This Saturday in San Francisco: Travel Writers Read at LitCrawl
I’m delighted to be reading a story at LitCrawl in San Francisco this Saturday evening, along with five eminent travel writers.
Across the Wide World: Traveling Writers Explore Encounters with People, Places, and Cultures
Saturday, October 17, 2015 • 6 – 7 pm
Weston Wear • 569 Valencia Street • San Francisco, CA
More info on this event
See it in Google Maps
Traveling out of our comfort zones creates opportunities for discovery, transformation, and illumination. These writers bring back life lessons that are profoundly moving and universal.
I’ll be reading an excerpt from my book SHOWDOWN AT SHINAGAWA at LitCrawl in San Francisco: “The 11th annual Lit Crawl will span over three hours in the Mission District’s Valencia Street corridor, featuring an astonishing 101 literary readings and events, including poetry, fiction, nonfiction, comedy and more, in bookstores, bars, galleries, restaurants, stores, cafés, community spaces, a bookmobile, a vibrator store, and a police station.”
LitCrawl is part of LitQuake, which “seeks to foster interest in literature for people of all ages, perpetuate a sense of literary community, and provide a vibrant forum for writing from the Bay Area and beyond as a complement to the city’s music, film, and cultural festivals.”
More info on this event
More info on LitCrawl
Related Posts on ROVING CAMERA
- OUR NEW BOOK—No Definite Plans: Eleven Tales of Laughter, Love, Travel—Volume 3 from Townsend 11 I'm very excited about the publication of the third volume in our new e-Book series!
No Definite Plans: Eleven Stories of Laughter, Love, Travel, is now available on Amazon's Kindle […]
- Townsend 11 Publishes Volume 2: No Set Boundaries Townsend 11 has published Volume 2 of our new e-book series—No Set Boundaries: Eleven Stories of Life, Travel, Misadventure.
For several years now, I've belonged to this collective of […]
- Write What You Don’t Know I’ve been a filmmaker and writer for most of my life, but I’ve never written a film. There was no screenplay writing class at Stanford when I was in film school there, for some reason, and […]
- Good Night, Irene—Confessions of a Mileage Whore
Bronze Certificate, Funny Travel Category, 9th Annual Solas Awards for Travel Writing from Travelers’ Tales, March 2015
It’s not easy being a mileage whore. Sometimes you have to do […]
- Studying Spielberg: McBride’s Biography is Memorable … and Unauthorized Imagine deciding to write a biography on someone you had met twice, a contemporary who worked in the same industry and lived in the same state, only to learn, several months into your […]